We’re one big family!
Join the team:
The Arvada West Veterinary Hospital is seeking an experienced, full-time, Certified Veterinary Technician to join an AAHA-accredited hospital. Recently, our hospital joined Banfield Pet Hospitals as part of a new division called Acquisitions. This division looks for hospitals with experienced veterinary teams and robust client families to add Banfield systems and buying power; resulting in improved salaries and benefits for hospital team members and increased care options for clients and their pets. The hospital tagline sums up our philosophy: “With experience, knowledge, heart. How our family cares for yours.”
About Our Hospital and Team. Our 7,100 sq. ft. “alpine style” building contains five generously-sized exam rooms, a large treatment room flooded with natural light, two dental tables with high-speed dental equipment, digital dental radiography, and a Class IV laser. The surgery suite houses two surgery tables with state-of-the-art anesthesia monitoring equipment; the full-body digital radiography machine is accompanied by an ultrasound unit in the radiology suite. The in-house lab with IDEXX analyzers allows quick turn-around in testing. Offices, a kitchen/break area, a library, dog runs, and isolation areas for dogs and cats round out the rest of the building.
The hospital has been certified as a Cat Friendly Practice by AAFP, we see exotic pets as well as small companion animals, we have credentialed Fear Free team members, and are moving quickly toward paperless records. Our four doctors are accomplished professionals performing a wide variety of procedures including acupuncture and advanced surgical procedures. We care for dogs with both Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies and Safe Harbor Lab Rescue.
In addition to great facilities and a supportive team, the hospital offers:
- A highly competitive salary.
- Life insurance paid for by the practice.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance offered at affordable premiums.
- HSA with some funding loaded; FSA available.
- Short- and long-term disability
- Wellness plans for your pets.
- Paid time off.
- Generous allowance for CE and paid membership in professional organizations.
- 401 (k) participation.
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- Discounts for cellphones, computer equipment, and more with various corporate partners.
- A uniform program providing low cost and free scrubs.
The right person for this job:
- Is a licensed CVT or preparing for the VTNE exam.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Enjoys using technical skills to the fullest including sample analysis and operating laboratory testing machinery (Experience with Abaxis and IDEXX analyzers is a plus.)
- Conducts complete anesthesia monitoring seriously and carefully.
- Welcomes clients in a warm, friendly manner and is passionate about providing them with the best education to help them give exceptional care to their pets.
- Can work as the extra eyes, ears, and hands for the veterinarian to maximize his/her effectiveness.
- Wants to continue personal and professional development.
- Calmly, efficiently, and autonomously “switches gears” throughout the day, moving from assisting in surgery, to working as a team with a doctor examining pets, to cleaning, etc.
If interested in this opportunity, please complete the form below: