If your pet becomes hurt, call us at 303-467-0345.
Here are some first aid guidelines to assist you and your pet.
1. If your pet suddenly becomes ill or is injured, it is important for you to know what to do. Assess your pet’s injury or illness, follow simple first aid measures to stabilize your pet and call Arvada West Veterinary Hospital as soon as possible.
2. Remain calm. If you are stressed, your pet can sense this and react on your emotions, making the situation at hand sometimes even worse.
3. Call Arvada West Veterinary Hospital and let them know of your pet’s condition.
4. If it is after hours, call AWVH at 303-467-0345, or you may head directly to:
Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital and Veterinary Specialists
3695 Kipling Street
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
5. If you feel there may be a broken bone, please try to keep your pet from agitating or chewing on the area and head over to AWVH immediately!
6. If your pet has a laceration, which is a cut on your pet’s body or paw, and it is bleeding, please be sure to protect yourself by having someone hold the pet’s face away from you. You may apply pressure to the site with a clean towel or gauze. Even though you feel your pet may never harm you, if they are in pain, it may cause them to react when pressure is applied. Call or bring your pet to us immediately; surgery may be required.
7. If you are unsure if you have an emergency situation, please call and ask to speak to one of our certified veterinary technicians immediately. Call us at 303-467-0345.